Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer
Zign Innovations is a young and ambitious company that focuses on the development of innovative products for customers from different sectors. We help our customers to introduce new products and services by realizing technological breakthroughs. We are growing fast and are therefore looking for a Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer to strengthen our team.
In this position you are responsible for the design, realization and testing of embedded hardware products for a wide range of applications. You also conduct research into the application of new technologies. During projects you lead and initiate and you regularly coordinate with colleagues and specialists of our customers and / or suppliers. After delivery you provide support to our customers. Delivery is more than just design ready but means in fact production ready.
Who are we looking for
An experienced Hardware Engineer with an affinity for embedded software!
You are inventive in designing solutions for challenging issues. In addition, you have basic software skills that assist you in your hardware design work. Furthermore, you naturally go for results and quality. You like to be challenged in terms of content and you are not shy to initiate improvements and take the lead in the organization. You look at alternatives from different angles. You are curious by nature and you are constantly working to gain new knowledge and to learn new skills. You have a passion for the embedded hardware engineering profession. You quickly see through complex issues and you use layers of abstraction in your solutions. You are also able to delegate the workload to your colleagues. In addition, you are communicative and you dare to make decisions, even if all the details are not always known. You know to make a difference, you need guts and courage. Sharing knowledge within the team is a prerequisite for growing yourself and your team. You build and encourage continuous learning within your team. Your energy is contagious and keeps the momentum towards the end result. Skills we like to find in a Senior, besides the professional skills, are cooperation, continuous improvement/learning and result orientation.
In terms of knowledge and experience you bring the following:
- experience with setting up and maintaining design documentation and requirements;
- experience with writing test documentation and hardware validation plans;
- can work within time and budget limits;
- experience with embedded hardware design (e.g., MCU’s, sensors, power management, etc);
- experience with common hardware interfaces (e.g., SPI, I2C, SDIO, USB etc);
- experience with wireless RF interfaces (e.g., Cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC etc .);
- experience with EMC compliant development;
- hands-on knowledge of EMC standards and medical standards;
- knowledge of structured development processes and test methods;
- experience with space constraint designs (multi flex-rigid PCB configurations) is a pre;
- experience with Altium Designer is a pre;
- knowledge of hardware design according to medical standards is a pre;
- basic software knowledge (for testing purposes) is a pre;
- basic knowledge on mechanics and materials is a pre;
- practical experience with PLM systems;
- practical experience with DFM, DFT, EOL testing and FCT testing;
- able to judge the quality of a production site
- enjoy to steer a team
- at least 5 years of relevant work experience;
- bachelor or masters degree, but we sometimes find relevant practical experience more important than diplomas;
What we offer
Because we work for appealing clients from various sectors, you have the opportunity to work on varied and truly innovative projects. From consumer electronics to high-quality industrial equipment. Since every project is unique, you are involved from start to finish and you work together with experienced colleagues and you get plenty of opportunity to develop yourself. Also think of short lines, a lot of flexibility, enthusiastic colleagues and an informal atmosphere. After all, this is a unique opportunity to help build a successful and growing company!
Are you interested? Then apply through our site.
Questions? Call Nando Holstege +31(0)6 20330047
No recruiters please.