Embedded Software Engineer (medior/senior)
Location: Utrecht region, the Netherlands
Zign Innovations is a young and ambitious company focused on the development of innovative products for appealing clients from various sectors. We help our customers to introduce new products and services by realizing technological breakthroughs. We are growing and therefore looking for a talented Embedded Software Engineer (medior/senior) who will join our team. Do you have a passion for embedded software development and are you looking for a job in which you work on varied and technically very challenging projects? Please contact us!
Function and responsibilities
In this position you are responsible for designing, realizing and testing embedded software applications for a wide range of applications. You conduct research into the application of new technologies. During projects you regularly coordinate with colleagues and specialists of our customers and / or suppliers. After delivery you provide support to our customers.
Who we are looking for
An experienced software engineer with an affinity for electronics! You are inventive in designing solutions for challenging issues. In addition, you are analytically strong, and you are able to design and implement complex algorithms. You naturally go for results and quality. You like to be challenged on content and you weigh alternatives from different angles. You are curious and constantly gaining new knowledge and learning skills. In terms of knowledge and experience you bring the following:
- experience with programming (C) of microcontrollers (eg Microchip, Atmel, STM, etc.)
- experience with wireless technologies such as WiFi, Bluetooth, RFID / NFC, etc.
- enthusiasm about the development of low energy IoT networks based on, for example, LoRa or Sigfox
- knowledge of communication protocols such as UART, RS 485, SPI, I2C, CAN bus
- knowledge of structured development processes and test methods
- knowledge of data structures, algorithms and object-oriented programming
- at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- BSc / MSc level of education, but we sometimes find relevant practical experience more important than diplomas
What we offer
Because we work for appealing clients from various sectors, you have the opportunity to work on varied and truly innovative projects. From consumer electronics to high-quality industrial equipment. Since every project is unique, you are involved from the beginning to the end and you work together with experienced colleagues. You will have plenty of opportunity to develop yourself. Our company is characterized by short lines, a lot of flexibility, enthusiastic colleagues and an informal atmosphere. Finally, this is a unique opportunity to help build a successful and growing company!