Lead Engineer Electronics
Location: Utrecht region, the Netherlands
Zign Innovations is a young and ambitious company focused on the development of innovative products for appealing clients from various sectors. We help our customers to introduce new products and services by realizing technological breakthroughs. We are growing fast and therefore looking for a Lead Engineer to join our team. Do you have a passion for electronics and product development and are you looking for a job in which you can really make a difference in challenging projects? Please contact us!
As Lead Engineer, you have a key role in successfully delivering complex product development projects to our customers. You are the architect of the solution and you are responsible for the technical soundness of the delivered product. You divide the work in logical blocks and in cooperation with your colleague engineers you realize a high-quality delivery. Finally, you ensure that the delivered work packages are up to spec and the solution meets the quality criteria. You work in close conjunction with the project manager and during the project you are the main contact for the customer from a technical perspective.
Who are we looking for
An experienced engineer with the conceptual capabilities to translate a customer’s desire into an optimal solution architecture. You are inventive in designing solutions in both hardware and (embedded) software. You have hands on embedded software development experience and you want to spend part of your time developing yourself. In addition, you are analytically strong, and you can design and implement complex algorithms. You have an intrinsic drive to deliver and ensure quality. You like to be challenged on content and you weigh alternatives from different angles. You are curious and constantly gaining new knowledge and learning skills. In terms of knowledge and experience you bring the following:
- experience with programming (C) of microcontrollers (eg Microchip, Atmel, STM, etc.)
- experience with wireless technologies such as WiFi, Bluetooth, RFID / NFC, etc.
- knowledge of communication protocols such as UART, RS 485, SPI, I2C, CAN bus
- knowledge of structured development processes and test methods
- knowledge of designing solution architectures and software architectures
- at least 5 years of relevant work experience, 2 years as a lead engineer or solution architect
- knowledge of data structures, algorithms and object-oriented programming
- BSc / MSc level of education
- Fluent in English
- You are result and quality oriented
- You take initiative
- You are cooperative and communicative (colleagues and customers)
What we offer
Because we work for appealing clients from various sectors, you can work on varied and truly innovative projects. From consumer electronics to high-quality industrial equipment. Since every project is unique, you are involved from the beginning to the end and you work together with experienced colleagues. As you are the lead engineer, you will deliver a great deal of value to our customers and help them to be successful with great new products. You will have plenty of opportunity to develop yourself. Our company is characterized by short lines, a lot of flexibility, enthusiastic colleagues and an informal atmosphere. Finally, this is a unique opportunity to help build a successful and growing company.